View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Redapples

Wow! I thought I had it bad. I am surprised you stuck it out after the affair. You turned the other cheek when he was selling cocaine? I do not want to sound cold but he was selling drugs and we are here because the ones we love are addicted to drugs?

But now you are here for the same reasons, soooo my thoughts are you did the right thing, you are sticking to your guns I don't think the requests you made are unreasonable. Especially if your insurance covers inpatient rehab. His family are his family that's not going to change until he starts stealing from them to support his habit. You will see changes then, they will be calling and harassing you to take him back after all you are his wife and they are "just" his family. You know what who cares about his situation he struck you and you had to get five stitches. He is ticked off now because you finally put your foot down and will not budge.

You have a child that needs you. I don't know how much stress you want in your life but drug addiction and alcohol can cause so much damage in your family. Raising a child in that type of environment is no piece of cake and being raised in it isn't either. So you have to decide what is more important? I am glad your eyes are finally open.