View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Hey Bluegem. I got through a wedding recently. My main coping strategy was acting like I was the official photographer or something! I just ran around taking pics. It kept me busy and gave me a good reason not to have a drink in my hand. When I wasn't taking pics I was eating, and generally just going round chatting to people. If you're active and jolly no one is going to make a fuss that you're are being boring by not drinking. I did feel a bit uncomfortable as the evening went on and everyone was getting more tipsy because it would usually be when I was in my element, and I felt like it would be so easy to just join in... so I left early It was still like 10 or something so no one even made a fuss about that. Oh and the toast... do not pick up a glass of champagne and pretend to drink it! Ask for an orange juice. I have never been to any wedding where that wasn't an option. Just make sure it isn't a bucks fizz! And let us know how you get on It's always good to share your sober successes x