Old 10-20-2002, 08:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well, I believe that it is a full moon. With the rain I couldn't check, but I remember thinking about Thursday that it was close.
My son, almost without exception, is at his worst when the moon is full...no kidding.

We have all been around the block so many times with them doing the same stuff over and over, that we get weary of the neighbourhood.

But working our program has taken us from being frantic, overwhelmed, and doing the pretzel dance (remember that one where we get all twisted out of shape? LOL), and now we are just weary (and still a little afraid for them).

Giving them a bed for a while, giving them a few meals when they are hungry, and a jacket when it is cold, isn't enabling in my books. It's just love. As Smoke says, we give because it makes US feel good, and we are very aware of the difference between enabling and compassion. We are also aware of when our recovery and boundaries are at risk, and we look after ourselves in that department.

Us older gals recognize that this could possibly still be going on when we are 105, and I have no intention of sharing my nursing home with him.

So, I work my program, and I have good days and bad days, but overall the good days are even better and the bad days are fewer and not as full of drama. And I learn to love myself and love my life, as dysfuntional as it may be sometimes.

So, nobody is crazy here, nobody has lost anything, we are just continuing to grow and learn. And we learn to get out of that neighbourhood.