View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Plath

Wow, I'm sorry that I don't have much ES&H to share with you on this one. I would be feeling the same way that you're feeling now, if not actually acting out on it. It sounds like an exceptionally hard place to be in.

I also have a hard time getting over relationships, even if they only lasted for a month and have been long gone for a good while. I know that for me, I would be feeling very angry, hurt, and betrayed if I were in your situation. It would probably make me feel a little bit out of control, honestly.

I suppose that what has been helping me a lot in therapy is to take a few minutes (or an hour, or however long it takes) to sit and feel my feelings (they're usually coming from some part of my inner child), and just allow myself to feel those feelings without trying to suppress them...

Trying to have compassion for the part of me that is feeling hurt and angry, comforting that part of myself--and also (for me) I would be trying to have compassion for that part of myself that would probably be angry with myself for feeling hurt and betrayed.

This happens a lot in my world, if any of that makes sense. I feel hurt and angry, and there is a part of me that is judgmental and angry towards myself for being so "weak" that I feel hurt and angry over someone's behavior, or a situation.
I have to dissect the feelings in a sense, and allow myself the room to feel all of them, and try to let go of them. If I can't, that's okay too. I think that the most important aspect for me is that I allow myself to feel however I'm feeling, and not try to sweep those feelings under the rug and move on without facing them.

Anyway, I'm still waking up and having my coffee, so I hope some of that made sense. I don't know whether it's helpful or not, but I know that I would be going through a lot of emotions right now if I were in your situation.

Hang in there.