Thread: New to recovery
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jkinghockey

New to recovery

I am new to recovery and I'm trying to find ways to curb my binge drinking on the weekends. I'm not sure if I want to quit drinking completely or forever, but due to recent circumstances, it is something that I am definitely questioning. I make very poor decisions when I drank and it's to the point now that it is starting to affect my marriage. This past weekend I began flirting with a bartender at a local pub, who I have known for a few months. I was completely slammed and decided it would be a good idea to ask for her number. She gave it to me and I then proceeded to send her inappropriate texts and photos of myself. I eventually went home and thought nothing of it until my wife woke me up at 5am with the my phone in her hands demanding an explanation. I hardly remember the incident but I know there was a big fight and now she is telling me to quit the booze or get out. I don't blame her after reading the text I had sent to the other woman. I love my wife and don't want to jeoporidize my marriage anymore.

Anyway, a little about myself.