Thread: New Here:
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lily
*Grateful*

New Here:

My sister is 6 yrs older than me, she used to be an RN but I really saw here go downhill when her first husband who was an Alcoholic leave her for another woman.

She no longer could control him and this tore her up and she started taking large amounts of prescribed medications.

Fast Forward 15 yrs and she is on so many medications she has confided in me before that she believes she is an addict.

Every single time I am in her presence, which is no longer very often because I live 2000 miles away from her now, it is complete chaos. Control, manipulation, and craziness.

(This happened at my parents 50 wedding anniversary which she threw a fit and did not attend their party and went to bed, as well as my dads funeral 3 yrs ago she never helped with the funeral planning only worked on her "speech" so when I did the slide show I inadvertantly left one of her girls out of it and...this was an honest oversite on my part, I love my nieces sooo much--she yelled at me until I cried and cried)

My husband recently told me that when I speak to her by telephone it affects our entire family, not just upsetting me.

She called me a month ago and she screamed at me cuz I have been backing off from her and no longer want to be part of her gossip and drama. She told me I have changed and she can no longer talk to me anymore. I always was in a position that after she throughly went on and on about someone if I did not agree with her and also be mad at the individual too, she would get mad at me and hang up on me. I can see this now it is just plain WRONG.

I really did not relate all of this to her drug addiction until recently she called me mom and screamed at her for not giving her some money and made her cry, just 2 weeks after she called me and screamed at me and made me cry.

Now my husband has told me to not be so quick to answer her text messages, etc. (she rarely calls anymore since I am silent when she gossips)

I guess what I am saying is that I am thinking detachment has to be the best thing.

I love her and I am praying for her, but she clearly does not want any help. She is so mean to her adult daughers my heart breaks for them.

But really, it is time for me to move on now and I feel peace about it. Especially since my husband pointed a few things out to me, how he sees me so much more peaceful since I haven't been engaging with her by phone anymore.

He said, she is sick, and you gotta just try to not get caught up anymore.

Thanks for letting me share my heart.

Lily