View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Lobs72

OK I hope you guys can help me - a little background.....
I was prescribed painkillers about 5 yrs ago starting at 5mg every 6 hours and at my worst was 30mg every 4 hours - I managed to drop down to 10mg every 5 hours recently but as we all know you can never just take one...my rx ran out about 8days ago and I decided once and for all to go cold turkey and get this stuff out my system, I have 4 young kids, a house to run and a job to go to, plus a husband and no longer need these things running my life, so I had tapered to about 7.5mg when I ran out and used Sudofed to get over the whole blocked nose thing as that tends to be the worst part of w/d for me, along with the nausea and need for immodium. I am now 8 days clean and cannot get the metallic taste out of my mouth - is this normal as I have looked up everywhere about the taste in the mouth and found very little about that part of w/d. I am also still feeling very fluey again how long does this last, when do I start to feel normal again - I have never gone this long and thought by now I would start to have some normality return. The aches and sweats have subsided somewhat but the metal mouth is as strong as ever.
Any and all advice would be useful - I would like to not have to do this again and cannot take suboxane so please dont advise that.