Old 08-12-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
JrsJourney

Originally Posted by choublak View Post
She has no intention of killing herself. She's playing the suicide card.
I am not saying it is okay to do this but I did something once when my recovering alcoholic threatened suicide (for like the 5th time) I said "fine - go ahead" NOW I DO NOT recommend this - I am just sharing what *I* did because I had strong indications (based on previous patterns and instinct) it was just attention seeking behavior and manipulating/distracting on his part. When I did that his face DROPPED. His whole stance changed. I asked him "is that what you REALLY want"? He said NO and since then has never threatened to take his own life ever again. I told him point blank that kind of cr*p is not gonna work here so stop and never threaten that again. I told him I was not ever going to fall for that again. Once more, I want to clarify this is MY experiences and what *I* did might not be the right thing for others to do. I just wanted to relate my story pertaining to the "suicide card" I get it. It's real. People threaten like that and it's powerful manipulation. However, if you feel the intentions are true and there *IS* the possibility they may follow through on their threats then call 911.