Old 08-11-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
choublak

Originally Posted by soexhausted View Post
Interesting Choublak that you say she had no intension of killing herself.
Later when I thought about it, she kept going to the bottom of the pool that I was sitting right beside. There was no way that I was going to let her die.
Now as much as might hate to say it, could this be the ultimate manipulation of my feelings?
Could be? It is.

I have zero experience with true, "legit" suicide, but way more experience than I care to have with playing the "I'm going to kill myself" game.

Suicide is something 100% internal, meaning that if someone really does commit suicide, it's never because of the actions of someone else. People who say crap like "if you don't do X I'm going to kill myself" are just being manipulative.

This girl is swimming underwater, comes to the surface just to tell you she doesn't want to live anymore, and then swims back down to the bottom of the pool. WTF? If that's not some kind of desperate cry for attention, I don't know what is. Later on, you tell her what you will not do, and she says she wants to die. She plays the suicide card whenever she doesn't get her way.

If you feel you don't want to let her die, call the police and have them handle it. That's their job.