View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ChildinDarkness

Hi John

I know how you are feeling, is this the first time for dui if so you will probably get a hefty fine and a ban.

The system works that way at the end of the day to keep you in cost them as must as 4o thousand per year per person.

The judge has a set of sentencing terms which applies to the case such as:

Previous convictions
Has anyone been hurt
Does the punishment fit the crime

So to speak and they have a vast sliding scale.

The normal process is to give you a scare, then get you to pay a good sum of money.

Possibly give you a suspended sentence which means you cannot bleep up again.

So the fear is a natural state as well as the anxiety although you just need to understand how the system actually works.

Alright it may not be fool proof and it comes down to what you have been doing and the seriousness of the offence but worrying won't help.

You need to stop living in your imagination and come back to where you are and what you are doing at this time.

You are not well? How do I fix me at this exact moment. Nice food - go for a walk - simple things that can occupy your mind as well as exercise your body.

I know how difficult it is for someone to say these things but look for the positive.

You have stopped drinking (fantastic) You are facing your responsibilities.

Commendable. Just take it slowly and go easy on yourself because the darkness will fade and when you are out of the other side this situation would have taught you so much more about the person you are and the person you are becoming.

Keep strong and positive and everything else will take care of itself.

Peace