Old 10-19-2002, 11:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Clowie

My husband told me over and over again that he could "control" it.... that he did not need rehab.... because he was not one of those bums that lived in the park and did not shower... addicts/alcoholics come in all shapes and sizes.... rich, poor, black, white, man, woman... does not discriminate at all... You should check out some of my past posts... You will really be able to relate to me as I can relate to you.... I actually believed that if I loved my husband enough, and married him, and gave him everything he wanted he would get better.... I also use to party with my husband... I used to drink socially and occasionally I would have a puff off the old Magic dragon.... but I can say I am not an alcoholic or an addict... as soon as I realized the rode my husband and I were traveling down.... I gave it all up....
After everything your husband has put you through, do you really think it's ok to have that one beer!!!!!!!!!! I'm only saying all this because I have been exactly where you were... My husband use to tell me the same things...
I suggest you stick to this site... You will know what to do when the time comes... Just take one day at a time right now... Right now I'm taking one hour at a time... I will pray for you and your family... Please keep posting here... We will be here for you... Your friend in Recovery.... Clowie