View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
gsp0050

Good morning Juners,

Today is two months, or 61 days for me. This is the longest stretch that I have been sober in about 10 years. That voice that tells me I don't have a problem because I can quit for two months has been raising its ugly head. To knock it down I process the reality. If I buy a bottle tonight for a few drinks, I will get drunk and have 1/2 the bottle left over. Tomorrow, I will drink the second half, the next day I will end up buying another bottle, and soon the cycle returns and I'm drunk every night for the next year or two depending on when I get the courage to quit agian. ---I'm not going to head down that road. I did that last year.

Being sober is liberating. Last night my son called because his air conditioning went out. He said he and the family would be fine in the basement but asked if I could come and get his dogs who were hot and panting. In the past I would have to make a lame excuse because I would be too drunk to drive. Last night, at about 9:00, I drove over to his house and got the doggies. It felt good to have control. It felt better to be a good dad who could help is son, daughter in law and grandson.

Stevie- have a great work out today and hang in there. Agian, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.

L2R- I hope you get drunk on endorphins this weekend with some great runs.

Duane- have a good weekend with the family and at church.

I will try to pop in and see how everyone is doing.