Old 08-10-2012, 02:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dmp

Slipped and had a 3 day binge, can I recover?

Hello all,
I am just now reaching out, and plan on going to an NA meeting on sunday. We don't have any on saturdays here, and I work tomorrow through the times that I could attend..
I honestly thought that I could do this all on my own, I told my loved ones that I had an addiction, and told them all that I was quitting. I quite officially on 7-18-12.

I thought I was doing well.. Until I slipped and took some opiates three days ago. about 30MG, then I took 30mg yesterday, then again today.

Tomorrow I imagine i will completely restart my withdrawals.. Is that correct?
I feel terrible for what I have done, and realized that I can't do this all on my own. I can't just hope that I can take this on and that I am beyond temptation. Because I obviously am not. I didn't think I would be tempted because I blocked everyone's number so i couldn't contact them and they couldn't contact me. Regardless, I failed and I am doing everything I canto learn from it.

Can i still recover from this? will the withdrawals come back full force? Does anyone have tips that I can use to help with my moments of temptation? Next time i really want to use, what can I do to try and stay away?

thank you for your time...