Old 08-07-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
zany90

After drinking on naltrexone the other night i realised that if used during a slip, it would eventually lead me to abstinence which is what i want anyway - im sick of the drinking and hangovers - the problem is filling that void in life that buying some alcohol and drinking used to fill but now during those times with this med it will not be worth it anyway - so i am going to use it as a tool to get sober and not a tool to control my drinking. before i tried it i also hoped that it was a magic pill that would enable me to drink normally again but then i got real, especially after trying it and realised it is rediculous to have to take a pill every time you want to drink just to be able to control it, especially since it takes the "uumph" out of the drink, so i think even people who wanted to use it to control their drinking if they used it properly would eventually end up abstinent in the end because its just not worth it

as for how much the meds cost - i live in the UK so i get all my medications free on the NHS im not sure about america etc