View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
sugarbear1
~sb

I've been in and out of AA for 25 years. I have had many "bad experiences" and yet I somehow know that it does work and that there are just people in the rooms, doing their "best" to help another.

Last year, I was desperate. 25 years, half my life, devoted to getting messed up/drunk, adding to my list of Not Yets (things I hadn't done 25 years ago mysteriously were added to that originally short list over the years), I returned to AA.

I heard a woman's story and instead of running out of the room, I ran to that woman who ended up guiding me through the 12 steps. Finally! I worked all of those steps and I did change, almost overnight!~

Try not to drink today. Find a woman's meeting or some meeting you haven't been to and sit for an hour. Take a listen to xa-speakers.org as there are recorded speaker meetings on there. Don't drink today.

Stay stopped, look and search and pray on your sponsor to show up, keep going to meetings. I go to meetings to either find a sponsor or find a sponsee (help another suffering addict and to give back freely what was once freely given to me). Working the 12 steps in my life and knowing that my higher power keeps me sober: Priceless.

I wish you well.
Love & hugs,