Old 08-06-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
zany90

Well i had tried that last night after being sober for a week... in comparison to my last drink which was where i bought 8 cans, drank 2 and realised "this isnt going to be enough", compulsively went and bought a 3 litre bottle of cider, and 2 pint bottles of beer, drank that, couldnt sleep for craving more, got up the next day and bought more cider and ended up drinking for 3 days - i had 6 beers last night, had a good nights sleep, didnt get much satisfaction out of it and am up today without a craving whatever

The sinclair method is not about controlled drinking, it is about blocking the pleasure centre in the brain that alcohol binds to, so that when an alcoholic drinks there is no rush of endorphins, eventually leading to a new learned behaviour which is - it isnt worth drinking

I know for myself that no matter how bad my benders got after a while i always felt the need to try it again whatever way my brain works, so if this method can change the way i think and cause me to re-learn the old patterns into not even thinking about alcohol then im willing to try it. its about quitting not controlling

Like i said: AA or the high way so sorry for posting anything that has a different view point whatsoever il know for the future to stick to only what people want to hear