Thread: About me.
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LifeRecovery

Sacra-

I am thirty five and don't have children either. I wanted them, and married who I thought I would have them with. Two weeks after being married I got a huge wake up call. My ex was so drunk that he punched a window and kicked our dog at the time.

The next day he did not remember it.

He never had another drinking episode that got violent like that, but he did have other drinking episodes, every few months.

I had seen some flags before getting married but it got really scary afterwards. No he did not drink all the time, but I walked around on eggshells all the time which was not good for me, nor would it have been good for kids.

I am working on the whole kid question pretty hard right now. I am not going to lie though. I might regret that I did not have kids in the long run, but I don't regret not having them in my relationship. For some reason I could not do what was best for me in that marriage very well (until the end), but it feels like I did do what was best for any potential children. My hats go off to all the "single" (many here are single in raising their kids even when married) parents as I don't know if I have it in me to do that. My dogs, home etc have been challenging enough.

Gently, if you are able to recognized adult children traits in him....is it what you would like for your offspring?