View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bluejaybird

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to update my post because a lot has changed... for the better.

First, my boyfriend was indeed telling me the truth; he had not gone back to using coke, but was on teh verge and did shoot up saline several times.

Before I even knew about this, he was however being pro-active and had increased his appointments with his psychiatrist to 2x week, in an effort to get things back under control. Took him a while but he also admitted to the Dr. he was shooting the saline, and once he did that and had it out in the open with me and his Dr. I think it really helped him a lot.

Earlier this week, he passed a drug test (done on hair sample) that is required every couple months by his employer. He was totally CLEAN !

After he explained what was going on, I thought he would be - but it was nice to see it on paper and know for sure.

He is doing a lot better now, and he says he is feeling like he is back on track, and I personally think he even gained a bit of confidence because he has got through it, openly acknowledged it, etc.

After he told his doctor about how i had found the needles and syringes, and had waited about 2 weeks to confront him, and of course been really worried.... his psych dr. suggested he might want to invite me to a session and we could talk about relapse, the whole things about attraction to the needle, and I could maybe get some insight on my feelings as all this was taking place. So, my boyriend did invite me & I went, and it was really helpful, and very insightful learning more about triggers, and various things.

So anyway, I just wanted to update and let everyone know that it has had a positive outcome this time around... and with luck and hard work, maybe nothing like this will happen to him again. Im really proud of him for stepping up, and figuring out what he needed to do to get things back under control.

Oh, and to HeWhoSleeps ... I just read your post above. Thank you for all you have shared. the word Texplained was just a typo. I dont know how the T got in there. My boyfriend has always been good with commuication, face to face.. but you are so right - none of this could have been handled in an indirect way like through texting.