View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

I will have 40 years of pretty great marriage and 2 years of great sobriety next month, in that order.

LB this last minute relationship may just be to make you realize that your match is out there and you are good enough, you have it. This favorite quote from "The Great One" says it best.

"If you have it and you know you have it, then you have it. If you have it and don't know you have it, you don't have it. If you don't have it but you think you have it, then you have it."
Jackie Gleason

I don't think it is whether we are neat or slobs as much as are we happy with what we choose? I have a son who is cleaning challenged and the other who is OC about lining up his socks in the dresser drawers. I fall closer to the neat nut than the other end. However my slob son makes great money and so does his wife, and they chose to not have children. Which we are both happy with as the other son had three so no shortage of progeny to carry on. The point is they are both quite happy with eating out daily, and having their two Golden giant Retrievers hair everywhere in the house. They both ski and are divers like us, and do triathalons unlike us. He rides his bicycle twenty miles round trip here in the heat and he is 38! They have their priorities straight for themselves. I will insist on them being neat nuts when they convince me to start doing triathalons. In other words we are happy for them and their choices, and I ain't running anything unless a gun is pointed in my direction.
:rotfxko