View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Pock89

I'm baaaaaack

So I've taken all of your advice to heart, and decided not to move in with him. And while part of me is disappointed that I won't be picking out couches and curtains anytime soon, I'm relieved. He leaves the sober house in 4 weeks and will go live at his mother's house. I'm a little nervous because she lives in a neighborhood where he knows everyone (he grew up in this house), and everyone he knows in that town is heavily involved with drugs. His mother told me this morning that she's going to drug test him randomly and if he refuses to take a test, or doesn't pass a test, he'll be out.
I'm fighting so hard not to slip back into my codependent thoughts about worrying if he's going to relapse once he gets out of the sober house next month. It's hard to push those thoughts out of my head sometimes.
However, I'm reading Codependent No More and loving it. It helps quiet my mind when I feel like I'm getting onto one of those emotional roller coasters again.

Just thought I'd give you all an update on my status. Can you believe it's been 6 months since all of this happened?! I can feel myself changing and growing stronger. And it's a direct result of all of you!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

XO