Old 08-03-2012, 12:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
IndaMiricale
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome And your so not alone.

Well I can just give a brief run down of my expierance. I started drinking regulary around 17. But I grew up around drinking and drugs my whole life. I did more drugs in high school than drink, drugs were just so much easier to get for me. And mom, and dad where and are big drinkers. Mom became a heroin addict for year. I grew up in bars. Literually I would use a chair to play pinball and shoot pool till I was tall enough.

By the time I was 21 I drank daily. All was fine and dandy for many years. I moved around the country had good jobs and a great time. By the time I was 27 , I drank alot every day and had a serious crack habit. I stopped all the coke,crack and things when I was 38. But from 27 to 39 I became full blown alcoholic major shakes when I woke, I drank morning, noon, night . After servel trip to the Er for health related issues to alchohol , I wound up in the ICU. So I had 4 dui's , lost home, lost car, lost my soul, my care of the and me. All I wanted was to get a drink to feel better.

Now I am just about to be 41 and today I am ever so grateful for AA and SR, I am happy, and at peace with the past and the future.

So it is such a progressive disease, grab hold of sobriety now and live a good honest healthy life.

Good love, Inda.