View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Lost3000
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Originally Posted by ald5978 View Post
Hopefully you don't take this the wrong way, but do you think maybe you thought your cooking was better when you were drunk BECAUSE you were drunk/drinking?

There are many places I ate at when I was drunk and thought the food was spectacular then ate there sober & felt like someone gave me a whole new set of taste buds!

Also, I found many things I enjoyed doing when I was drinking are not so fun when sober and just decided to find other things I enjoy. For example, I used to love throwing parties and having people over for New Years, etc. I used to drink while preparing then became miss social butterfly when everyone got there. I have since found out that I only like preparing for the party then once everyone gets there, I'm paranoid about spills & if everyone is having a good time. It's a bit different now so throwing parties is not really at the top of my list of fun things anymore. I'll let someone else deal with the mess & clean up!
ha! I don't take that the wrong way. The only reason I think I was good at cooking was because my sober husband loved it. Otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't know at all.

I hear what you are saying, I do, but I truly, really want to enjoy cooking again.