View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Tired3711

Originally Posted by Jur123 View Post
Thank you Tired. Sorry to hear about your husband.
I also wonder how much my sister needs medication. I would be ok if she was on a reasonable dose, however I think her current dose is slowly killing her. I did a research on internet and it turns out she is on a double max reccomended dose. However she drinks on the top of that too. Alcohol + Benzos is a terrible combination. I feel so scared when she is walking in the house "half consciuos".
Thanks Jur.

I agree with you on the "how much my sister needs." A big part of the problem is that our loved ones are not completely honest with their physicans and their physicians don't see them "no doeing" (nodding) out and see their erratic behavior like we do. Also our loved ones are in a fog most of the time from the meds and I don't think they fully realize just how they act. Believe me, I have recorded my husband with the video camera from time to time to show him how he acts (of course I show him when he is sober) and he can't believe it - but then of course the cycle starts again and he doesn't give a crap.

I also from time to time get the "feel so scared" moments. I have hidden the car keys so many times and have pulled the "come give me a hug in the bed" to my husband knowing that if I can just get him to lay down for a moment he will pass out as soon as he lays down and I can sneak off to tend to LIFE.

Alcohol, benzos and pain pills, OH MY, dangerous combo - just wish they would wake up and come out of their drug induced comas.