Thread: I Did It!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DisplacedGRITS
Crazy Cat Lady

seeing your doctor is a great step! i agree with moving up your quit date. you can't bend the world to your will. there's going to be a lot of stress with your kids starting school as well. there's always going to be something in your life that you can see as a reason to push back your quit date. how about seeing what your doctor thinks about your detox risks and, if it's safe, quitting after your doctor visit? you're already making so many steps in the right direction. you've got forward momentum in your favor. use it! if anything, you'll probably find it easier to quit while you're in the middle of making all of these steps rather than when you've had time to stagnate and sit and anticipate the quit date. carpe diem! don't slow down! if you're not going to quit before then than start doing something proactive. meetings, posting here daily (don't miss a day!)...something! just don't let this enthusiasm wane. it can happen. if you can move that date up, do it. i think you'll be really happy if you do.