View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MightyMung
Jake, 19

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
You can come home............or go to Norway instead!!!

Your just making excuses.
Deep down, was there a reason you chose Thailand?

If you can trust yourself stay but be wary.

It's fine having an in depth knowledge of pharmaceuticals and being freely available to buy.
But once your back home and you might have a small reliance on a POM (prescription only medicine - I have far too much knowledge for my own good) there will be no way of getting your hands on it.

No GP in the land will Rx it (prescribe it) for you. Then what happens?
And what happens if you get caught?
A trip to the Bangkok Hilton is not going to make your mum proud is it?

Be careful and be honest with yourself please, for me.

xxxx
Oh and just to respond to your comment about the pharmaceuticals, I tend to alternate my use of POM's to avoid physical addiction. I've gone through opiate and benzo withdrawals once and they're definitely no picnic. No intention of letting that happen again.

I can access these drugs at home quite easily... the internet has opened up the world too much. If I were to become physically addicted to a drug, I would have no problem getting it at home. However, I seem to be addicted to intoxication rather than a specific substance. I like variation, not routine. As it happens, getting physically addicted to one substance is the least of my worries, because I tend to mix everything up. I'm most likely to be one of those people who is found with traces of 40 substances in their blood. The fact that my drug of choice is "anything" is the reason it's been so difficult for me to break the habit - there's a lot to choose from, and there are hundreds of things that act as my triggers.

I'm a bit like an alcoholic on steroids. My triggers extend to: visits to the doctors, seeing a medicine cabinet, seeing a green "+", logging onto the internet, reading medical journals. Can't sleep? Ooh, i'll get pill for that. Can't concentrate? Ooh, i'll get a pill for that. Can't stay awake? Ooh, i'll get a pill for that.

Still, I talk too much, and talking too much leads to making excuses for ones behaviour. I'm sober at the moment at that's what counts, although I cannot envision it staying that way for long.