View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Alucard

OMG. There is, to a drunk, nothing better than the bar. The opposite sex is there, music, atmosphere, action, alcohol and the potential to get drugs.

I have no problems with a bar. In fact, last weekend, my dearest friends met me at one so I could explain to them what happened in my "marriage" and I could apologize to them for wasting their time. But it is not f'n central to my life.

I have other things going on. The Dojo, starting Monday. The gym is much, much more central to my life than any bar, it pleases me to know I can run circles around and outlift any number of drunks, male or female (LMAO)...school is thankfully starting in less than 3 weeks, and I will be engrossed in learning material and preparing papers, and I will spend more time in a library than any bar. My bike, and the open road is more important to me than a bar. I like to try new restaurants, and go to the movies once in a while as well. Next week I am going to two critical and long awaited concerts with said dearest friends, more important than the bar.

All in all, had I decided to stay with the drunk @$$, there is no way I could have indulged in these activities, we'd have been too busy driving to the seedy liquor store, and sitting around watching it guzzle beer. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz