Thread: I'm done.
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
rdlesstraveled

Originally Posted by FifiRhubarb View Post
You took the words right out of my head! It's so hard when you yourself need time to heal but either want to stay in contact with them, or feel obligated to. My BF always says he wants us to work through all this, but then I think to myself "what do I need to work through? You're the one with the addiction, the legal troubles, and the inability to think of others before yourself." I mean I know I'm not perfect, but these relationships do not add much to our lives and they take plenty away.

I asked my BF, if he had never been with me and I still had all the things about me that he loves and he saw me in this situation with another guy, what would he think I should do? I wanted to get him to look at the situation from another angle. His actual answer was "don't even know how to answer that cause I am that guy." Really made it clear to me how incapable this disease makes you of caring about anyone else.
Are we dating the same man??? lol "don't even know how to answer that cause I am that guy." sounds exactly like something mine would say. It's kinda like... "duh!" lol