View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobrietyplz

I think I am an alcoholic

my mom just saw the light. She realized that she is an alcoholic and that is why she drinks. It finally makes sense to her now.

I began to reexamine my relationship with alcohol. I haven't abused it to the same extent that she has, but I realized that I may, possibly, might, may be be an alcoholic as well.

I currently don't drink often because I am trying to conceive a baby, and I know that if I were to give my baby fetal alcohol syndrome it would be before I even know I am pregnant. Also my husband doesn't like me to drink because when I do, I drink to excess to the point that it scares him.

I went to a meeting with my mom the other day "for support" I could tell she wasn't getting the most that she could out of that meeting because she was withholding information, or trying to be continuous in the lies she'd told me... anyway she couldn't get the most out of that meeting because of my presence there.

For the first time in a long time I feel like I am the only person in the world who has ever encountered this situation. Has anybody here ever been in a similar situation? What did you do? how did you deal? how did it work out for you? Thanks!