View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Jeni26

I haven't really spoken to anyone about my drinking, only my H, kids, 1brother, SR and AA. Oh, and my best friend, but that's been difficult cos she is married to an alcoholic and so although we're in touch by text about 100 times a day, we tend not to do the getting together thing with our partners any more. Especially since H has quit too. He is also a friend, but has become somewhat distant lately...
Anyway on the face of it, to anyone else that I know and work with, nothing's changed. Except I don't go out on the p1ss with them any more or talk about drinking as a main topic of conversation!
I prefer it that way. I like to keep my real self to myself and just continue to live as the person they think I am.
I think I have been the most honest and open than I have been in my life here on SR. I've told you all far more than even my H knows! But it feels kind of safe cos we are all sitting behind our computers/holding our iPhones in different parts of the world!
I dont cry much if at all. Now I'm sober of course, I used to cry all the time when drunk but that wasn't real. I think I probably need to go through all sorts of emotions before I level out. Think it's part of growing.
We are doing just fine Hypo. Stick with me, we will face all this emotional stuff together xxxxx