View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
onlythetruth
Member of SMART Recovery

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
No particular questions at the moment, although I'm sure many will come! I just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread OTT. I've been reading the forum, have read all of the AVRT discussion thread and... this will probably sound daft... I didn't feel like I had enough knowledge to post on it, it's very in depth and seems quite hardcore to a newcomer like me, I'm still waiting for my RR book so didn't want to dive in asking silly questions until I had more comprehension.

Super! I know where I can ask my 'silly' questions now
There are no silly questions...there really are not! And...this forum isn't limited to AVRT, although AVRT is certainly one secular approach. So are SMART Recovery, LifeRing, SOS, Women For Sobriety, etc. although they all have their own websites. Plus, some people don't necessary use a program or specific approach, or they will mix and match concepts and ideas from here and there, from books such as Alan Carr's, etc. The main thing we in the secular forums tend to have in common is the belief that we, rather than God or some outside force, have the power to quit our addictions.

So, the idea here is to open up a discussion for people who are new to recovery or perhaps new to using a secular approach.

Personally, I'd love to know more about what's going on with you and if there's any way we can all support you!