Thread: Resentments
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Lost3000
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

DT: Yeah, I totally get that, now. LOL. My husband asks me about where I am in the program, and usually we have heartfelt discussions about it. He enjoys hearing about it. I didn't go over the other 3 steps with him, just this one. This is actually the first time I discussed me going through a step. Usually we talk about how AA's helping me, the tenants (service, recovery, unity) - stuff like that. So I just wanted to clarify that I haven't shared everything I do in AA with my husband.

I do see your point though, and should have kept this one to myself. It's all a learning curve for me.

On a side note, I think my husband must be observant about how AA's helping me (he's not super vocal about it) -- he has a friend at work that's one of us, and is going down hard. Lately he's been asking my husband about me getting sober, how I did it, etc. I'm thinking my husband must have been telling him things about me too for his friend to ask. Anyway, I told my husband it was ok to let him know I'm in AA and that I'd be happy to talk to him, or go to a mtg with him.