Old 07-27-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by mmk11 View Post
Oh, also:
Expecting to accept the absolute bare ass minimum in terms of love, respect, honesty, nurturing, maturity, understanding, loyalty, and selflessness in a relationship with an A, but the A expects all of these things and more 100% all the time. But that won't be good enough either, because A's up the ante where you're expected to give more and more. Asking an A for more than the bare minimum is insulting to them. A's will suck you dry, they are vampires to good souls.

I rarely got apologies from my AH. Mostly BS ones where basically he blamed me for (however ridiculous) his mistreatment of me. My AH eventually kept telling me that I should expect him to screw up, that it's gonna happen, and that I shouldn't have to get on his case about it every single time because no one is perfect.
Yes, I noticed this too. It's like they figure out what is the bare minimum that is required and then, do a half-ass job of that. Nothing more.

When you find yourself reacting, especially in anger, or they start calling you a b*tch or a nag, THAT is when you should know that you are MIRED IN IT.