View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
liv1ce

One of my philosophies in life is as follows: If you ever think things are going good or you're on the right path and maybe - just maybe - things are looking up then you had better duck. Sorry to hear of your bad fortune with the car - and the unemployed status but that is more manageable sober than stoned so hang in there.

I also knew exactly where every single pill was at all times so was very surprised when scrounging to put something away in my shop to find a little zip lock bag with oxy in it. I have ruined myself in so many ways so after coming back from the brink once again my resolve is strong.

To make a short story long, my wonderful wife confronted me at exactly the right time when I could no longer stand myself in the condition I was in. I stopped at that point with the promise of her support - because I had not been able to do it on my own - and went and flushed my stash and went cold turkey. I didn't think that she wanted to witness that but, indeed, she was quite disappointed. I took the opportunity to show her my found stash and together we went and flushed it.

My real point with all this rambling drivel isnthat I have already run what I think are the possibilities and have made a predetermined decision that when I am presented with an opportunity - and I most certainly will be on nearly a daily basis - I will walk away immediately.

My other point is that my life has proven to me that I am NEVER safe and the line is forever there waiting for me to cross it. Be ever vigilant my friend and don't ever let go.