Old 07-24-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CodieBird

Your user name tickles me! I have that feeling often.

Another member posted this from the AA Big Book. It fits in my situation and sounds like it might for yours too -

"The alcoholic is like a tornado roaring his way through the lives of others. Hearts are broken. Sweet relationships are dead. Affections have been uprooted. Selfish and inconsiderate habits have kept the home in turmoil. We feel a man is unthinking when he says that sobriety is enough. He is like the farmer who came up out of his cyclone cellar to find his home ruined. To his wife, he remarked, "Don't see anything the matter here, Ma. Ain't it grand the wind stopped blowin'?"

Alcoholics Anonymous, 1st Ed., pg 82

I spoke up against my dry alcoholic's control, smothering and manipulation yesterday and things took a scary turn this morning. That's fodder for its own topic heading. What I want to say to you is that if you feel there is something missing from your life, that's all the reason you need to seek improvement, even if that means moving on. You are not responsible for your dry alcoholic. Put that responsibility square in the lap of whom it belongs. Just be prepared that it might not be well received.