View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
4mykids723

Thanks again all! Day three has begun.... Since I smoke when I drink as well, I have the pleasure of nicotine detox at the same time..not fun. I have started to realize how much I linked drinking with almost everything in my life. Though I was not a daily heavy drinker, I was a binge drinker and each binge was due to some association that I created in my head. Playing gigs with my band I was always able to use the "stagefright" card to get away with it....cooking on the grill? Need beer to do that... Almost everything could be linked to a "Cold One" only I couldn't do just one which is why I am here now. Not to sound cliche' but "Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired" just about covers it. I am done with the low level exhaustion, worrying more about who is designated driver than what I am actually going out to do, poor judgement that leads to smoking, not performing well at work, etc... I can do this and am going to follow through this time. It sucks that my selfishness has cost me some friendships but I hope to approach that once I have enough sobriety under my belt. For now, I just want to get past the initial week and all of its "fun" so that I can move on to being the man that I know exists underneath the illness. I appreciate all of you.