View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
DisplacedGRITS
Crazy Cat Lady

i use AA but mostly for the meetings. i'm actually finding SR to be incredibly therapeutic. i try to read and post here every day because there is always a thread with a question that i haven't seen before that i can apply to my life and try to answer. i search myself for the answer, think about it deeply then answer. i find that when i answer the question in a thread, i am more answering that question as if i had asked it and am answering myself. i am finding that almost every day i am discovering new things about myself and my views on my own sobriety. also, reading other people's views on the questions and their replies gives me refreshing new takes on it to apply to my own life. i love reading about people who are just starting out on their first couple of weeks because it reminds me of where i was back then and how full of hope and fear i was. i read about relapse and find all the common threads and learn lessons from those. SR is a font of knowledge, shared experiences, inspiration, support and fellowship. i honestly give this forum a lot of credit for my continued sobriety and how deeply ingrained it is becoming in my life. this site gives me a place to practice and brush up on my sobriety daily. i can't believe it's free! i wish i'd stuck to it when i first came across it. i probably would have a lot more sober months under my belt if i had realized what a gold mine i had stumbled across when i clicked on these forums after google searching "night sweats alcohol."