View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chrissy44

restraining order

Please please share your experience and wisdom about getting permanent restraining orders! I am new to all of this.

It's been three months since I broke up with XABF. It's been relatively quiet. I'm still his facebook picture, but the calls and texts and visits finally completely died down. He lives 30-45 minutes away and we haven't crossed paths. It's been glorious.

Until:
--The past two Thursdays, XABF showed up, alone, at the bar where my co-workers always do happy hour.
--This Friday he drunk dialed my sister and told her how much he missed her friendship and he hoped they could catch up soon. (She hung up on him)
--This Saturday, XABF bumped into my girlfriends at lunch at the frozen yogurt place on my block. Again, XABF was alone, and I promise this dude's never willingly consumed froyo of his own accord.
--Yesterday morning my neighbor texted me that XABF was reading at the local dog park. To make it extra strange, XABF apparently forgot to bring his dogs.
--To top it all off, my landlord called yesterday out of the blue asking for clarification about whether XABF was looking at studio apartments for himself or whether we were coming together to look at some of the bigger 1-bedrooms. APPARENTLY HE'S MOVING INTO MY BUILDING.

XABF doesn't work consistently. He's "going to be a famous musician soon" ie he pays the bills by teaching 3rd graders how to play the guitar. His client base is near his current home, not mine, but I guess he could change that.

Am I too late to get a restraining order? Does this many coincidences count as stalking? I am now scared to go to happy hour, lunch, and my dog park! I'm sure he'll have some crafty excuses for why he's the only Y chromosome creeping around the Pinkberry...but really can he move into my apartment building??