View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:57 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Manz

Laughter and friends really are good medicine! I do not think I have laughed so much for such a prolonged period for a very llong time. Oh man we have some most excellent comedians here.

Then I was dragged out to the 80's party. Man oh man, drunks are just annoying! And watching girls/women getting totally messed up reminded me why I am glad I am sober. The people that I was with know I dont drink, and why, and also knew that i was a little nervous to be going out to a bar on a saturday night for the first time in ages...........their jaws dropped when I walked in and was greeted by hugs from a cute man, then from other folks. I never drank with these people....ever! Just made me realise that I have made quite a few aquaintances/friends recently. Also I had such a great time and my friends wandered what I must have been like when drinking.......my response.....early on I was AWESOME and the life & soul of the party, then I just wasnt!

I danced the night away to an awesome live band!I was the last of our group to leave along with one old friend who was on a bender, because I did not want to leave her as I know where it may have ended. drove her home and as us drunks do when we are the only one drinking ....she tried to convince me that next time I might want to leave the car at home and just have one or 2. Sigh. I wont, but I do wish she could find her way out.

Hmmm.... I am rambling! I went out, I didnt drink, I had fun........I am surprised and pleased.

Have a great week everyone.