View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by ZiggyB View Post
Wow, we must be living in a parallel universe. I tried to get mine to calm down as well and go to therapy or anger management and stop complaining about everything I did all the time. It sucks going through this but please know you are not alone...
I'm not a mental health professional. I'm not a doctor. My house is not a rehab and I don't hold AA or NA meetings in my living room. I'm just a woman doing her best to have a normal life and take care of my responsibilities and my family. I have limitations of my own. Limitations that make life more difficult on a daily basis. And I'm always having to compensate for those limitations. If only you knew.

Then someone moves in here and is not accountable, not responsible for HIS limitations, or HIS growth, or HIS Recovery, and that affected me severely. I became a prisoner in my own home, unable to speak up for myself. Constantly running around trying to help him and neglecting myself. Unable to get my own needs met. Not to mention my relationship needs.