View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
You gotta let go of that stinkin thinkin, L2L.

Addicts are not emotionally available to have intimate relationships. Period.

And from what I've seen from recovering A's...a small percentage of them go on to productive grown up lives while a large percentage of them remain emotionally unavailable, unable to take personal responsibility for themselves and their choices.

One of my favorite quotes from this forum is "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" ~ Wayne Dyer
What confuses me so much is that he used to be so loving and attentive. And then all of a sudden that changed. I just keep blaming myself. I think that is what happens when you are as sensitive as I am, and just naturally without thinking, adapt to what other people want, and get involved with a person who blames everyone else for every single thing. He just can't look at himself. He gets fired from his job and he blames the owner. He gets a divorce and he blames the XW. The children have issues and he blames the XW. He decides to walk out on me and he blames me. No personal accountability. No reflection on what might have gone wrong.

I don't know how I got here. And I'm disappointed in myself because I SHOULD know how I got here. I guess it's like Anvil said a couple weeks ago, when did I abandon myself?