View Single Post
Old 10-17-2004, 05:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
2dayzmuse
Paused

(((Kim)))

Welcome to Sober Recovery. I too can relate to your story. I have a long history of a drinking problem, as most of us do. I finally got to the point where my life became totally unmanageable and I grew tired of the problems I created. I no longer could bear drinking physically, emotionally or mentally. I accepted I was an alcoholic and started attending AA meetings. I have stayed sober since I began working the 12 steps. There is light at the end of tunnel and you're heading in the right direction. Good luck at your meeting. The meetings aren't scary, it's the fear of the unknown that's scary. Once you get the first meeting behind you, things will begin to fall into place. Getting sober is not an easy task. You have a long road ahead of you. It is a different path than we're used to following, but a much smoother one. I've found as difficult as it may be to get sober, it's much easier than staying drunk. I put alot of wasted time and effort into planning my drinking and nothing productive resulted from it. What resulted was lack of job, responsibility, trust and respect, just to mention a few. Best wishes to you and your family. You are not alone. If I can get sober, so can you. I thought it would never be possible for me to stop. Thank goodness that has been proven wrong. Keep the faith...

LeAnne