View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
HeWhoSleeps

I don't mean to cause upset by any of this, I'm just typing out what I'm thinking from reading this:
1) Why is he stealing? Because to me, that's the main part of everything you wrote originally. That's what I focus on. Forget the needles, saline, setting himself up, etc. He stole that stuff right out of the doctors room according to his own testimony. For me with my AB...stealing goes hand in hand with lying. Lying goes hand in hand with using. Using means I'm going to get pooped on if I choose to stay in the situation. So for me the fact that he readily admits he stole seems on the surface like a great, honest situation...but it also worries me and if my AB said that it would set off all sorts of triggers for me. I guess it sounds real messed up but I think I'd rather have my AB buy needles than hear he stole them. It's just real risky behavior and leads to arrest. Why risk that? I don't trust it.
2) Texplained? I've never heard the term but I'm guessing it means he texted you to explain all this stuff about "getting comfortable" with the possibility of using drugs, stealing from the doctors office, shooting up saline (yeah right in my experience with my AB) and all that stuff. Man!...if my AB "texplained" all that to me?! I wouldn't stand for it. What I mean is...texts are impersonal. No tone. No emotion. Easy to misconstrue. It's not...communication. It takes no effort. No eye contact. No...well anything. It's easy. No growth has to occur. No real regret has to register. You write it. You send it. You're off the hook. It's almost like a memo: Fyi I'm getting comfortable with the possibility of doing drugs. Wow. I only bring it up because it sets off alarms in my head for you. Can you guys talk about this stuff in person? Do you? Because I don't even know you and I know you deserve someone who can talk to your face about what's on their mind. I'm also asking because there was a time when my AB and I literally couldn't talk face to face in any manner that we were both able to with other people about his addiction. Anything else we were great. But the addiction? No way. So we had to (as part of our recoveries) learn a new way of communication between ourselves and kinda learn HOW to talk about this stuff in person. So that's why I ask.
That's all. I just have concerns about this and I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best in this situation.