Old 07-21-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
allysen

How did you say 'get out' and/or 'goodbye'?

My AH has been back & forth to detox twice, attending AA daily, and taking a hospital outpatient program in the past 2 months. Has also been arrested for DUI. He's still at home, but the drinking continues.

I am due with our second child in a few more months. Obviously, I can't be in the same home with an active A and a newborn. We also have a 2 year old.

For those who left, or asked their A's to leave, how did you do it? I did talk to him a few days ago and basically said I wanted him to move out, and if he doesn't, I will be. But it seems to have gone in one ear and out the other. I know he heard me because he has been sober since (yes, I know it won't last). I'm trying to avoid a huge argument over the whole thing and I don't want to create a crisis/drama over it either. Since he's sober, maybe now is the best time?

Do I write a letter? Give a deadline? Just get up and go? My plan, if he doesn't move out, is to move in with my parents around the time the baby is due and stay there for a while until I can secure my own place.

Sorry, kind of a vague post, but I'm trying get my head around it and come up with a plan (that I won't flake out on at the last minute.....).