View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
TanyaScared

We went to the marriage counseling appointment, and I have to say it helped. I was surprised first that he came home on time and was ready to go. And then he seemed to make an effort at the appointment, but it didnt seem fake because while he took blame and admitted his addiction issues; he still held me accountable for firing the contractors and cleaning out the bank account.

The therapist made me see, that my anger is coming from fear. I wont elaborate there are lots of fears, some valid, some not.

He also did make an appointment with his own therapist for his addiction issues and it is next week. He physically went to the office and had them give him a printout of the appointment, so he had proof for me.

We are going to continue the marriage counseling for another week or two, and he is going to go to his doctor, and then we will see how things are.
I love him, and I dont want to walk away, but I do need to get my feelings out and understand my fears, and all my emotions. I need to know now is the right time. We have talked about postponing if we are not at a good place in two weeks. That gives us practically no time before our wedding and guests will not be happy, but like you all say 'if they love us, then they will understand' .

I will keep you posted. Thank you everyone for your support.