View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
desertsong
Choosing Life

Thank you all so much. I saw a WONDERFUL nurse practitioner (not doctor) today but she was recommended to my by an AA friend and I was astounded by her knowledge and compassion. I am going to start my detox tomorrow with the aid of the meds she prescribed, and I see her again on Tuesday when the worst of the detox should be over. I am really, really excited and looking forward to getting back on the path.

But I am still probably going to have to leave my husband. Don't feel sorry for me .... actually, I think it is going to be a huge relief. He's not here anyway. When he's home, he's sullen and ugly and drunk, and when he's at the bar, well, he's just at the bar. It's actually a relief when he's not home anymore. So I called a lawyer today ... wasn't clear-headed enough to talk with him today but will speak with him on Monday. I can't be sober living with an active alcoholic who doesn't want to change (and keeps cheating on me). Lots of changes coming. I appreciate your loving support and prayers. It means lot.