View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."
Funny you should mention this line, it brings back memories...
May 2, 2010, Rhett and Scarlett say goodbye: Gone With the Wind - YouTube

Ironically, that's how our arguments usually went. True, he would have been glaring at me rather than the teleprompter, cutting me off, ranting and raving, and he wouldn't have forgotten to storm off at the end either.
But the feelings all come back again, just watching that, because when that recording was made I was feeling what Scarlett was saying, and crying real tears. We had just had a parallel argument, with him storming off and me begging him to come back, thinking it was all my fault.
And there I am, in the green dress that's fading into the background because of the green screen, using someone else's words and grateful because I'd run out of my own. I'd become a ghost of myself, I wasn't anyone anymore, and I was terrified of becoming someone.

I don't miss that life anymore. I don't miss pretending everything is perfect, and I don't miss the doubt I had in myself because XABF had me convinced that I was the crazy one.

I don't think I'll ever watch "Gone With the Wind," because whenever I think of it now all I can think of is this sad scene, chosen by XABF because he could say that famous line, me not acting because to me it was real. That part of my life is behind me, and I am NOTNEVEREVERNOWAY going back to those feelings.

You deserve the best, transformie. You'll be "Gone With the Wind" soon, and you won't ever have to go back.