View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lala27

I guess my intentions arent coming across clear here. Simply going to one meeting is not part of the deal. I need to see more steps to see improvement. So far he has majorly cut down on drinking (he hasn't had any since Sun & went more days than not the prior 2 weeks)- no , this is not enough, I want no drinking but it's a step in the right direction. It's Friday and he does have cash coming in from some people who hire him for weekly pool work, so we'll see what happens tonight. I also want him to at least have a date to start the intensive outpatient program because we both know he needs more than what AA can offer. The month I gave him wasn't to make up his mind, he decided he needed help on his own before I ever gave him an ultimatum, it was for him to actually start recovery.

So what happens if he drinks this weekend? He is out. What happens if the date for the treatment program is Aug 15 and he doesn't go? He is out. What happens if he continually makes steps, then sept. 15 he says he is going to start drinking again and won't go to any more meetings, he is out. Aug 1 isn't some magical date that will leave him locked into living here forever, I can kick him out any time I want (actually getting him to leave may be another story though). Honestly I will probably need at least a year sober before I start to trust him again, maybe even longer, if ever.

Like I said before, is it so wrong to let him stay if he continues to make Progress?