View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
HeWhoSleeps

My heroin addict boyfriend gave me this same line of hogwash and that's exactly what I thought it was and I turned out to be right. If they'll use a needle for "saline" or, in the case of my AB he said he just used "water", then they will DEFINITELY use it for anything and everything else.
Also I'm not sure where you live but in GA you can go into any Kroger or pharmacy and just BUY needles. Easy, right? That's the only thing that doesn't sit right with me. If my AB said that he'd stolen them from the doctor I'd be like, where's your receipt? Why'd you go? Where'd you go? Why are you STEALING when you can just BUY them...that's what I'd be pondering.
Then again, my AB seems to think that if he can convince me he "got" the stuff through "legitamate" means that I can't find fault with that.
Kind of like how he told me for months he was clean off dope even though I knew he wasn't and that when it came to light he was abusing methadone, suboxone, etc etc etc...he was like, see? I'm not using drugs, that's MEDICINE. Yeah...right. It's just The Man's dope. There is NO difference.
Thanks Uncle Sam.
I felt sick for you reading this, I hate finding that stuff. It never gets easier to see it and I'm sorry for that.
I'm glad counseling is involved. In your position I would probably just try to positively support his going and talking with someone or a LOT of someone's.
I am skeptical about the meetings though because my AB used them to find drugs. It's sick...but predators will go to the meetings to find clients. It's as easy as *snap* that.
If I never saw another needle in my life it would be too soon.
My heart goes out to you and yours.
Tread carefully.
And remember NOTHING is your fault. We are all powerless. Some days I can almost find comfort in that and I'm trying to get to the point where it comforts me constantly.