Thread: Tough love?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
PrayingMama

Hi Softball,

I'm sorry for the pain you and your daughter and family are going through, but you are not alone, as you can see. All good answers here, I don't have much to add, but wanted to just offer support and hugs from one mom to another.

I am in phone contact with my 21 RAS because--for today--he is working a program. He lives several states away, so seeing him isn't an issue right now. I have experienced the times when in active addiction he asked for money and my only response (thanks to FA, NA, Alanon meetings) was that I would support recovery and only recovery (and this was when he was telling me he was starving, hadn't eaten in days, had nowhere to sleep, needed decent parenting, etc. etc.). It wasn't until his father, my XH, said rehab or the streets--and my son chose to leave--that he eventually returned asking for help.

Support meetings are lifesavers for so many parents in your position--I hope you will seek some out if you haven't already. We aren't meant to walk through life alone and we don't have to, thank God.

Praying for you and and your daughter in this difficult time.