Thread: Scared and sad
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

I have booked a massage and other treatments for myself for tomorrow evening. It will give me something to look forward to, and will hopefully help me relax.
This is so good. I have been trying to make an appointment to do the same. One thing that is also helping me today is to keep thinking about what makes me strong and trying to regain those things day by day. Here are some things that make me strong:
1. Having a clean house with clean floors.
2. Having all my laundry done and put away in good order.
3. Having the kitchen and bathrooms clean, counters clear of clutter.
4. Having a daily and weekly routine and schedule for getting to work on time, getting enough sleep, and managing my household chores.
5. Yoga, Warrior pose in particular.
6. Reading the Bible and having a relationship with my Higher Power, whom I choose to be God.
7. Being able to focus and do a professional job at work.
8. Going to Al-Anon and AA where I find acceptance, welcome, honesty, sharing, understanding, and support.
9. Doing manual labor in my yard.
10. Wearing my yard boots.
11. Remembering my accomplishments, all the good that I do and have done, and how far I have come.
12. Helping others.
13. Sharing my perspectives with the hope that just one thing I share helps someone else.
14. Being grateful for all that I have. Remembering there are so many people who have it much, much worse than I do.
15. Finding and seeing the good in other people.

What makes you strong?